What are you Thinking Now?
Now that you have completed the investigations in People and Places, use your knowledge to explore connections to your life today. Do one or more of the following activities.
- Think of people who are leaders. They can be people that you know, or people that you read about in the newspapers or see on television. Write the names of three of them. Under each name, list:
- what they do;
- their leadership qualities;
- who they lead;
- the values they demonstrate through their actions; and
- how they became leaders.
- Imagine that you are able to create a robot called ‘perfect leader’. Create a collage using images and words from magazines to show the qualities and values that a perfect leader would have.
- Consider the community you live in. What unites the people who live there? What gives your community a common identity? Think about:
- the location;
- the special places;
- the environmental features;
- your sports teams;
- the architecture; and
- the various groups of people that live there.